Facebook Twitter Instagram

Sign up for email updates from Tulsa County Public Facilities Authority

Home > Competitions > Livestock & Horse Shows > Exhibitor Updates > Livestock & Horse FAQ

Livestock & Horse FAQ


Are health papers required to bring livestock on grounds?
  • Yes, health papers are required. Please see the Animal Health Regulations for specie requirements.
  • The livestock inspectors will check your health papers upon your arrival at Gate 7.

How many exhibitor passes will I receive with my entries?
  • Exhibitors are given two, 5-Day Exhibitor Gate Passes. Exhibitors can purchase extra passes online when they submit entries or at the show.
How can I purchase parking passes?
  • Livestock Exhibitor Parking permits can be purchased online with entries or during the show.
  • VIP Livestock Parking permits will go on sale online August 1, online only.
Where do I pick up the passes I purchased?
  • Passes can be picked up at the Livestock Exhibitor Welcome Station, located at Gate 7.
Are RV hook ups available on grounds?
  • Yes, you can call the RV Park to place a reservation at (918) 744-1113, ext. 2145.
What hotels are located around the fairgrounds?
  • Click the link to view a list of the recommended hotels.

Is bedding provided in the stalls?
  • Mulch bedding is provided in the cattle barns and tie-outs. No other barns are provided bedding.
Is there feed and bedding available for purchase on grounds?
  • Yes, Pete’s Feed is located on the north end of the Explorer Barn. Call Pete’s Feed Office, (918) 376-6016, to have your order delivered to your stalls.
How much time do I have to unload?
  • Please be courteous to other exhibitors. There is a 30 minute unload limit.
When I am finished showing my animals can I leave?
  • Please be familiar with the designated release dates and times for each species. You will need to obtain a release from the Division Show Superintendent or Livestock Office once you are eligible for release. View the specie rules for arrival and release times.


What are the dates for the 2018 Tulsa State Fair?
  • September 26 - October 6, 2019

How do I enter the Open Show?
  • Entries and payment must be submitted online by August 30.
  • Contest entries must be submitted by September 6.
  • Entries will be available to submit on August 1.

How do I enter the Junior Show?
  • Junior Show entries and payment must be submitted online by August 30. Entries can be submitted by the exhibitor, parent and/or guardian, Ag Teacher, or County Extension Agent.
  • A legal release form must be signed and mailed with a copy of the online receipt by September 2.
  • Entries will be available to submit on August 1.

Are late entries accepted?
  • Late entries are accepted and must be submitted online by September 6, for additional fees. The late entry fee is the entry fee plus $50.00 per animal late entered.
  • Rabbit, Poultry and Pigeon late entries must be submitted online by September 6. The late entry fee is the entry fee plus $10.00 per animal late entered.


Am I eligible to participate in the Junior Livestock Show?
  • Participation in the Junior Livestock Shows are limited to Oklahoma residents, who are members of an Oklahoma County 4-H Club or Oklahoma FFA Chapter. Exhibitors must be 8 and in the third grade by September 1, and cannot turn 19 before January 1, on the year of the show.
  • Youth who have turned 5 by July 1, but are not enrolled in 4-H are eligible to show in the Youth Gilt Show only.
Junior Show Rules

What animals are required to nominate?
  • All Market Barrows, Market Goats, Market Lambs, Market Steers, Commercial Ewes, Commercial Heifers, Breeding Does, and Breeding Gilts must submit a nomination by July 1.
  • Prospect Steers, Registered Heifers and Registered Ewes are not required to submit a nomination.
Nomination Rules

When will I receive my stall assignments?
  • Stall assignments will be posted on the Exhibitor Updates page in September.

Swine Health

Back to